Hi, I’m Lisa. I qualified in the Person Centered approach. I am also trained in Cognitive Behavioural skills to assist you. Each client is unique, I adapt my approaches to suit you.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and have a clean disclosure and barring service check (DBS) record.
I made the decision to study counselling, when I attended therapy myself for bereavement. Having found the experience insightful and empowering, I started my training in 2004 I felt that I needed more life experience to be truly empathic with my clients, so I continued with my career within the care sector, gaining valuable experience. I continued my studies and gained a Diploma in Person Centered Counselling.
Working within a home environment, you are free to speak freely, without fear or defences, in a trusting non-judgemental environment. As we work together, we will find the solutions to the challenges that you are facing, and you are able to move forward with a positive future
Making the decision to seek counselling can feel daunting, please be assured it’s the first step to a positive outcome. Friends and family are great for support, but sometimes we hold back to protect them and ourselves. Seeking a counsellor can really assist you to find the answers within you, the benefits of counselling are you are not alone, that you are heard, and you have the space to explore your feelings and then you are able to process. Talking really does open up the mind to feel understood. I will Encourage and support you on your journey.
Attending counselling gave me valuable experience how daunting that first sessions feels and how it feels to grow and embrace the process.
Counselling can be life changing.
I am happy to work with you regarding any concerns you might be facing including, but not limited to the below. Contact me to find out more and we can discuss the next steps together.
- Bereavement, Loss
- Depression, Loneliness
- Stress, Anxiety
- Low Confidence or Self-Worth
- Eating Disorders
- Couples Counselling
I work with all age groups and work creatively when working with young people to gain trust.
Bereavement Support Group
Free Drop in Sessions
Loosing someone can be a very difficult time. It often leaves you feeling sad, lost and alone. Within your community we are here to help and support you. Come and join me for a tea, coffee and a supportive chat.
First Wednesday of every month, 10am to 12pm at:
Crewe Funeral Care, Middlewich Street, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 4EA.
Operating from a home based practice allows me to keep my appointments affordable. I can be contacted in whichever way is preferred by you, using the links or by calling 07890 540430.
- 50 minutes face to face: £30.00 *
- 50 minutes, telephone: £30.00 *
- 50 minutes for couples: £35.00 *
- Counselling students: £25.00 *
- Corporate Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP): £40.00 per hour *
* Full payment will be charged for missed or cancelled appointments without 24 hour's notice.
- Graduate Diploma in Person Centered Counselling.
- Asperger Syndrome Awareness Diploma.
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma.
- "Thankyou so much for your kindness, patience, understanding, support and guidance during the past weeks. All these things are helping me find meaning. I will be forever grateful."
- "Lisa has helped me see that it is ok not to be ok. Mental Health affects us all and its ok to ask for help. Lisa has helped me to find my own answers and to find my own coping methods. I feel very calm and relaxed in Lisa’s room, I know I can tell her anything without feeling judged. When I leave the sessions, I feel like a weight has been lifted and I feel happy and content. Lisa helps me see there is light at the end of the tunnel."
- "The biggest thing Lisa made me realise is that I am not alone, I am in a much happier place now."
- "Lisa is an outstanding counsellor. Within the first of 6 comprehensive sessions she helped me to see myself in a more positive light and I was therefore able to make positive life changing decisions. I have come to the end of my journey with Lisa feeling like a new person. Thankyou for all that you have helped me achieve"
- "I would recommend Lisa as a counsellor, she has helped my 13 year daughter to see herself in a positive manner and helped her communicate and manager her feelings enabling her to manage her to make decisions and manage her stress levels"
- "Attending counselling has been life changing and empowering. One of the best decisions I have made in a while. Thanks Lisa."
- "Lisa gave me the opportunity to realise and identify specific times in my life where I had had unhealthy attachments and a great desire to be accepted. Over time I have with Lisa grown to face me and my issues and I am now beginning to see a clearer picture of the 'man in the mirror', (or in my case woman). For the first time in my last session I could begin to see I am taking more control of my behaviours and reactions. All I have received from Lisa has been support, patience and understanding. "
Please complete this form or contact me via phone/text for enquiries or to arrange an appointment.
I am happy to have a brief chat to discuss any questions you may have before making the appointment.
Home based practice, Crewe, Cheshire.